Thursday, August 24, 2006

A$20,000 of silver found in pipes

Western Australian police are searching for the owner of up to A$20,000 of silver bullion discovered at a house in Como in Perth. Labourers were demolishing the house when they stumbled across the silver bars hidden in plastic pipes underground.

Police say no one has come forward so far.

Demolition worker Jeff Hawkins says an excavator churned up the find.

"The excavator driver was was knocking the house down and sifting through the site, through the footings of the house and he churned it up," he said. "It just came up in the bucket.

"He rang me and said, 'So what's silver worth?', and I said, 'What are you talking about?'. So I got him to bring it in."

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

oh wow..they found my gold....i'll be right over to pick it up...

dom said...

Lend me £5 JS