Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cob eater

A GIRL of 13 has become the UK corn on the cob eating champion after beating three men and wolfing down 26 cobs.Petite Emily Cotterill even smashed the British record with her 20-minute feat when she replaced her dad at the last minute.

As her middle-aged, male opponents began vomiting and dropping out, astonished organisers watched while the schoolgirl carried on eating.

Mum Ann, 44, said: "The men were all big guys. We thought our little girl would have no chance, but she just kept going."

Emily, from Rainhill, Merseyside, admitted she had a rather un-ladylike recovery method during the contest in Stretton, Cheshire. She said: "After 15, I felt a little ill but after burping that passed. I won't be looking at a cob for a while and I'm not sure I'll defend my title."

Dad Peter, 46, confessed: "I was going to enter but after seeing the size of the other guys I thought our Emily would do better. I was flabbergasted when she raised the cup."

No comments: