Thursday, March 01, 2007

Not a wise move

After racking up more than £300 parking fines in the last two years, one motorist decided to let traffic wardens know exactly what he really thought of them.

Chris Huskinson was so infuriated after receiving fine after fine from wardens that he bought a very cheeky sign to place in the windscreen of his car. The 22-year-old student then parked his R-registered Ford Fiesta, put a pay and display ticket on his car and went shopping in town with his friends.

But it didn't take long for a traffic warden to get his revenge - shortly after Mr Huskinson's pay and display ticket ran out, one eagle-eyed warden was on hand to dish out another ticket.

Opening his little black book, the warden filled out yet another £30 fine for the student to pay before attaching it to the windscreen of the vehicle. But even he could see the funny side of the 'I Hate Traffic Wardens' sign and after writing out the ticket he decided to take some photos of his own to show work colleagues

Mr Huskinson said: "I got the sign a few weeks ago. I decided to get it because I have been hit with about £300 worth of parking fines in the last two years and I was getting really angry about it.

"I don't not buy tickets or let them expire on purpose but somehow I keep getting caught out," he said. "I had paid to put a ticket on the car but it ran out."

Mr Huskinson who lives in Burton-on-Trent said: "I had got caught up while shopping and obviously the traffic warden couldn't book me fast enough."

He had placed his pay and display ticket on his burgundy hatchback but his ticket ran out just after 2pm and he was given the fixed penalty notice just after 2.30pm.

The student said: "I do hate traffic wardens just like everyone else and getting my first ticket since having the sign makes me hate them even more."

No comments: