Thursday, August 30, 2007

Aching joints eased with WD40

A former professional footballer reckons he's found an ununsual cure for arthritis - WD40.

Eric McKaig, 70, of Fane Close, Stamford, has ignored medical advice and joined a growing number of people who use the lubricant to ease their creaking, painful joints.

And he swears it has ended his days of pain and given him his quality of life back.

The retired sales manager, who used to play centre forward for Nottingham Forest in the 1950s, said: "It's been an absolute Godsend for me. A few weeks ago I was even running around the garden with my grandchildren and I haven't been able to do that for about three years."

But the manufacturers of WD-40 are urging people not to follow suit.

The company said: "The spray has thousands of uses, but treating stiff joints is definitely not one of them. The product has not been designed for use on the human body and has not been medically tested. If you are suffering from joint pain you should always seek advice from your GP."

1 comment:

deiseldo said...

This really does work! I've tried it for years and as long as you spray it onto a cloth first and then wipe it on the joint I believe it's safe.
Mind you,I'm not a doctor!Don't use it too often either,I put it on every month or so,and then only sparingly.
My knees used to give me hell all of the time,now I forget 'em for weeks on end.(I don't mean that I leave my knees somewhere else,just that the pain is gone.)