Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Kurt Cobain's ashes stolen

Courtney Love has revealed the ashes of her late husband, rock legend Kurt Cobain, were stolen in a burglary two weeks ago.

Love kept the Nirvana star's ashes in a pink teddy-bear shaped bag along with a lock of his hair, but the item was taken along with other personal items including clothes and jewellery from her Los Angeles home. The singer was so taken aback by the theft she has reportedly told friends she feels suicidal.

"They were all I had left of my husband," she told press. "I can't believe anyone would take Kurt's ashes from me. I find it disgusting and right now I'm suicidal. If I don't get them back I don't know what I'll do."

"They were all I had left of my husband. I used to take them everywhere with me just so I could feel Kurt was still with me."

After his death in 1994, most of Cobain's ashes were scattered near his Washington home and at a Buddhist temple, with Love keeping the rest.

No comments: