Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Milkman of the year


A milkman who delivers more than 100,000 pints of milk annually has been named Milkman of the Year 2006.

Dairy Crest worker, Kevin Pierce, 49, from Fakenham, Norfolk, has been a milkman for three and a half years.

Mr Pierce was nominated for the Dairy UK competition by hundreds of customers in Norfolk.

"The competition is not just about being the best milkman, but also the milkman with the best customers," said Mr Pierce.

"I have built up a great rapport with my customers over the years.

"They are more like my friends and because I start my round so early in the morning, I am the eyes and ears of the community."

Edmund Proffitt, processing manager for Dairy UK and the awards organiser, said: "Our milkmen are often the forgotten heroes in the community, providing a service that goes way beyond delivering milk, come rain or shine.

"Kevin is a credit to the industry and his win is well deserved."

No comments: