Monday, April 07, 2008

Luke who's back

A British lottery winner has gone back to his old job serving burgers at McDonald's.
Luke Pittard, 25, shared a £1.3million jackpot with his girlfriend 18 months ago.

He celebrated in the usual way, buying a new home and splashing out on a lavish wedding and holiday in the Canary Islands. Then he realised that he really missed his job.

So he asked to go back and couldn't be happier, getting up at the crack of dawn to flip burgers for £5.85 an hour.

Pittard, dubbed the McMillionaire, said: "I loved my work at McDonald's before I won the money, and I'm really enjoying being back there again. There are so many familiar faces that it was like coming back to a group of old friends. To be honest, there's only so much relaxing you can do. I'm only young and a bit of hard work never did anyone any harm."

No comments: