Saturday, April 07, 2007

No smoking in your halls

STUDENTS in university halls of residence may be banned from smoking in their own rooms.

Bosses at universities across Britain are considering whether to impose a zero tolerance smoking policy in all buildings.

This week, Reading University asked students for their views on a ban in halls of residence.

But student smokers say it is wrong to ban them from lighting up in their rooms because they are not public areas.

One student said: "I pay over £70 a week for my bedroom. It is not a public area so I don't see why I can't smoke in here."

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

uh...I'm with the bosses of the universities...if one kid's life can be saved from cancer of the lungs, or second hand smoke..I say go for it...
us ex smokers have no sympathy..

dom said...

<~~~ lights a ciggie .... yeah me too