Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sheriff fails driving test

ANDERSON, S.C. -- A local sheriff was driving for so long on an expired license he had to take a driver's test to get it back - and failed.

Anderson County Sheriff David Crenshaw said he drove around for 14 months on an expired license because he thought it was good for 10 years instead of five.

"Apparently, they quit sending out renewal notices. I just wasn't aware that it had expired," he said.

It had been so long since Crenshaw had a valid license that he had to take the driving test to get it back. He flunked on his first try.

"I did my three-point turn backwards," the sheriff said. "But I did OK when I took the test again."

Crenshaw passed the second test June 20. He said he did not notice his license had expired because he was never pulled over and had no reason to check it.

"I'm human, just like everyone else," he said. "It happens to lots of people."

No comments: