Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pup saved from star

A puppy's furtive festive feast nearly ended in disaster when the Christmas decoration he swallowed got lodged in his throat. Charlie, a five-month-old Yorkshire Terrier, began struggling to breathe after tucking into a Christmas star while his owner's back was turned.

He was rushed to Plymouth's PDSA Pet Aid centre, where vet Robert Newcombe removed the decoration with forceps. Mr Newcombe said he got a shock when he realised what was causing the blockage.

"The last thing I expected to see on the X-ray was a star shining back at me," the vet said.

Owner Felicity Clifford, from Plympton, Devon, realised something was wrong when Charlie began gagging.

But the dog has now fully recovered from its ordeal.

No comments: