Friday, October 27, 2006

Pooch cuts power

Stunned Gary Davies saw his dog erupt in flames — after it peed on a live power cable.

Bailey the Staffordshire bull terrier also cut power to 148 homes by cocking a leg against a faulty pylon.

Gary, 42, said: “There was an almighty explosion and the whole street lit up. I turned round and the dog was on fire.”

Power was off for five hours in Middlestone Moor, Co Durham.

Last night Bailey was recovering at home after being treated for burns.

No comments: