Friday, May 19, 2006

Schools out for al-Qaeda

A clean up is under way after sick graffiti was daubed on a school roof inviting al-Qaeda to attack it.

Janitors at Millburn Academy in Inverness were alerted to the paintwork by a pilot of a private plane who spotted the slogans from the air.

One read: "Al Quaeda [sic] land here" with a big X in white emulsion paint. Another appeared to give the initials of the possible culprit: "SOJ was here".

Now investigations are under way to try to identify the mystery artist. But rector Graham Spence said yesterday: "We had just done a clean-up of white emulsion paint elsewhere in the school.

"But we didn't know about what had been done on the roof and we are grateful that it has been brought to our attention. We take this kind of thing very seriously and we do not find it amusing, especially with all the atrocities that have taken place around the world.

"Our janitors will try to clean it up. But I don't hold out much hope of finding out who did it. The initials 'SOJ' don't mean anything to me. They could be some sort of symbolism and not necessarily refer to whoever did this.

"This is a very sick joke which many will find offensive."

Doug Gordon, who spotted the messages from the air, said: "I wasn't sure at first what I was seeing so I got as close as I could to see what was written.

"I didn't find it very funny and I am sure others will hold the same view."

Dom , from Dom's weird news was not availiable either, but a close link said he thought "It was fucking hilarious!"

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

wonder if we could crawl up on top of the white house and 10 downing street and put big x's on the roofs??

dom said...

I'd prefer if it was put on Osama Bin Laden's hideout.