Saturday, July 29, 2006

Nice one Post Office NOT

A postmaster who was beaten by armed robbers has been ordered to repay The Post office £3,000 :

Dilip Karavadra, 42, was hit repeatedly with a crowbar during the raid in Upper Caldecote, Beds, in December last year.

He said he was asked to pay a £3,000 contribution to the £6,695 stolen as he had moved away from an open hatch.

The Post Office said no final decisions have been made and it is sympathetically looking into the issue.

"I don't want to pay a single penny because I do not see the justice in that. It is ludicrous," said Mr Karavadra, who has run the post office in the village for six years.

Mr Karavadra said if he had blocked the open hatch the armed robbers could then have threatened or harmed his customers to get him to hand over the money.

"If I had not left the hatch open they could have hurt some of my customers. The welfare of my customers is of greater priority," he said.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

that is just wrong....

dom said...

I know , talk about mean spirited !