Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ncie Palnts


Gardeners blundered when they said it with flowers and misspelt the name of their town.

The roundabout greeting in Weymouth, Dorset, was meant to help publicise a sailing competition.

But officials were red-faced when it ended up spelling out WEYMUOTH in foot-high plants.

Motorist Joe Simms, 45, said: “I nearly crashed my car when I drove past. I was trying to work out what it said and nearly hit the car in front.”

Gardeners were dispatched to quickly replant the flowers in their correct positions.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

they should have hired that guy that spelt out will you marry me in flowers...he could at least spell..

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have noticed. I've always thought you Brits spelled funny. :)

dom said...

Whaut dou Yuou Mean Debubie ?
JS he had the help of Satellite navigation and spell check, if you look carefully he's ploughed over "Will Young marry me I'm Gay!"